Thursday, April 7, 2011

WANTS/NEEDS

I wish I blogged more. But, I just don't always feel like I have something to share. So, because I feel like I need to do something useful (I consider this blog useful and creative) I am going to do a little post. I was thinking about doing a post about Wyatt. But, I will do that in a couple weeks for his birthday.

The last couple days we have been finding out that we have A LOT of needs and wants. We are going on a vacation in July (I'll post that in a few), swing set for Wyatt, new front door, paint for outside house, bikes for Kyle & I, bike carrier, pair of shorts/capris for me for the vacay (mine from 2 years ago probably won't fit in time), Lagoon passes????, handgun, 72 hour kit things, more food storage...the list goes on. Oh, plus all of the holidays coming up. I get so overwhelmed when there is a lot to buy on top of your monthly needs. What am I going to do? I certainly do not know. Especially because our income goes down to 1 after next week. Also, I want to be putting away at least $200 a month to savings. I know some things will have to go but I don't know which to cut out. I keep thinking it I do cheaper on some things we might be able to get more off of the list.

HEEEELLLLLPPP!!!

P.S. Does anyone have any ideas on how to be more creative?

3 comments:

Craig and MJ Parker said...

K so don't buy a swing set; walk over to the park or drive. That's a quick fix. The front door is just a want, but you don't love your house so why spend a lot of money on it. The bikes are awesome and we really enjoy ours. That's what we used some of our tax return on. But would kyle use it enough to buy them? Go splurge and buy just ONE pair of capris. Find a coupon so you don't feel so guilty buying them. Lagoon passes are a MUST. If the fam got them you'd use that a lot more than bikes. And they have a rides which can substitute the swing set. Handgun can wait. Buy 72 hour kit stuff a little at a time when you feel like you have some $ or ask for things as gifts. And I'm pretty sure your food storage is well stocked! :) There I helped

Kyle N Aimee said...

We are now thinking of doing a metal swing set...that would save us over $100. The door is a want that could wait until next year. The bike would be fun for me to get out and exercise. I could do this by myself and put both kiddos in the trailer. I was only buying 1 pair since I have a 20% off an item (just have to figure out what size I want to get). I am not for sure about Lagoon yet. If I do get Lagoon I want a double stroller. I don't want a handgun but Kyle feels it's a "necessity". And we do have tax return money but since we paid off his car, the tax returns went to replenishing our savings. So next year since we won't have debt to pay off, can go towards some of these things!

Craig and MJ Parker said...

sounds like you have it all figured out :)

Post a Comment