Monday, September 24, 2012

I'm dying to post something!  I have been a slacker lately at blogging.  A lot of that is because I have been a slacker at taking the camera with me.  The past couple weeks we haven't done a lot.  We have done Lagoon with the past weekend being Frightmares.  There is something about Lagoon in the fall.  I love the cooler temps, the short lines, and the fun decor at Lagoon.  Wyatt, however, dislikes it very much.  He has reminded me everyday this week that he does not want to go to Lagoon this week.  Poor kid went through this last year.  Too bad he won't get his way.  We are probably headed there again on Saturday.  As much as I love Frightmares, it makes my heart sad.  We make so many fun memories at Lagoon that I am sad to see another summer/year gone.  I always say I won't get them the next year but I just love going.  The kids have so much fun and it is actually rather inexpensive.  Of course you have to get the pass, but other than that I don't spend much money.  I have only spent $3 on food all summer there.  I occasionally will give Wy a quarter or 2 each time for an arcade game or bowling.  I am going to take my camera this weekend so I can get some shots of my kids on their favorites.  Wyatt's is bombora and Oaklee loves the Carousel with Papa. 

We have also been doing school with Wyatt each day.  He has only started to like it because once a week we do it with a neighbor boy.  He tells me all the time he can't remember or doesn't know what we are learning about.  But then out of nowhere he will count, say letters, and his alphabet.  I'm curious how much he does know.  Kind of like the other day we went on a walk.  We were singing our Primary songs for the program.  He started to sing softly and knew the words.  Tonight in the car we were singing again and if I stopped singing and asked him what word was next he would reply.  Little stinker is so stubborn and shy.  He gets embarrased with even his parents.  Hopefully, he will open up soon.

Other than those 2 things it's the normal day to day things.  I am hoping to get some pictures up maybe tomorrow of some other things.  I did want to show our before and after pictures of our garage door and front door.  Also, I am sure I will find pictures on there worth sharing.  Life is sure busy with 2 kids.  My house is a constant maize trying to figure out where to step without stepping on a toy.  I am just so over cleaning it up every minute.  So, hopefully, if you ever came over unannounced, you have been warned! 

I have been on Pinterest a couple times lately.  I try to steer very clear of that site because it gets me down.  I know, stupid to get me down.  But, it does because I always see things I want to do and try.  And a lot of times I just don't have extra time to do them.  So, then I get overwhelmed trying to think of how I could do that with everything else.  Anyway...I did find something on there today about being a better mom.  I try hard with this everyday.  Lately, I feel so horrible.  I feel like I am always yelling at the kids or getting uptight with them.  This site had some cute things to do with your kids.  I will see if I can do some of them and see if it makes my attitude better.  I seem to have more patience with my kids outside of the home.  Weird, huh?  That's why I love Lagoon.  Also, it had a pin about writing letters to your kids.  I want to do this bad.  I am thinking of the frequency of the letters I could fit into life.  I was thinking maybe quarterly or semi-annual.  Maybe conference weekends could be an idea.  Anyway....

I seem to just ramble when I get typing.  Night...

1 comments:

Craig and MJ Parker said...

I can't believe the summer is over already. I love Lagoon with Halloween stuff but probably because fall is my favorite season. It hasn't felt it here yet though. Maybe because it feels like fall all year long.
You're such a good mommy to do school everyday. That's dedication. Just remember repetition and go over what he learned yesterday. I'm proud of you to spend the time with him. I love that he sings his primary songs too. There's nothing better than the soft sound of a singing child-especially gospel songs.
I want you to know that it's okay for you to feel down on yourself. Maybe you get those feeling to help you to try to be better. If you didn't get those feelings you wouldn't realize just how amazing you are. I love the idea to write letters. Jaycee too has been into that lately. Maybe we'll write some to your cute goofballs. :) Love you Aimee

Post a Comment