Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christmas Happenings

We had a fun season.  Christmas partys, Christmas movies, Grandparent Read's annual cookie making, and advents.  We really tried to focus on our Savior.  We had our traditional Christmas dinner and Kyle's birthday at Eastern Winds with my family.  It was really fun and I only have one picture.  For Christmas Eve we go over to mom and dad Read's for prime rib.  We always have a fun time but it is lonely as it is only our family that goes over.  We got home and hurry and Wyatt was so excited to open a present.  We gave them their PJs and a new movie.  It was a bad idea since Wyatt watched the whole show before falling asleep.  I think we won't do a new movie again or do one he has seen before.  We kept going in and telling him he needed to go to bed.  But, it was just not happening.  We finally got him asleep and was able to hurry and get things set up. 

Christmas morning Wyatt slept in until about 8:30.  We had him go and wake up Oaklee.  That was a bad idea.  She was so grumpy the whole time opening presents.  Wyatt was so excited but didn't really remember when he first woke up.  He rushed downstairs and checked out what Santa had brought.  We did our stuff, got ready, and then headed to my parent's house.  We were there for a few hours spending time with family and opening gifts.  Then we ended our night with dinner at the Read's and opening of gifts.  Wyatt was so ready to go home.  When we got home we had to play with the toys for a bit. 

We had a really fun month spending so much time with family.  I am so grateful we live close to family and can enjoy our time together.  I hope my brother and sister can make it back home in the next few years.  The Allen partys seem so lonely.  We sure miss them with us at birthdays and holidays. 









You will notice Santa got coke!









The kids gift.  Wyatt saw this in the store and was so excited to get it for daddy.













2 comments:

Unknown said...

This might be long:
I love how all the grandkids look so happy to be with Grandma Read. You are so blessed to have amazing in laws and I love how close you all are.
I love Wyatt's face as he's coming downstairs with his arms in the air. So cute. And he's a total mini Kyle!!!!
I also love his face when he's opening his gift with his mouth open excited. What was his favorite gift that he wanted?
And his face as he's opening the ribbon. Funny.
I'm confused with the toilet seat but it made me laugh and also smile to see Kyle so happy :)
You guys look so happy on Christmas at our parents house and Aimee your hard work truly paid off. You look amazing! Keep it up and let me be your help this year ;) and you can still be my help.
Can't wait to see you guys!

JDRRKK said...

I love that you are close too and we are able to spend time together. It's so fun to see how happy and excited the kids got for Christmas...it totally makes the holiday worth it when they enjoy it so much. You and Kyle look so happy and yes, Amos, you look great!

Post a Comment