Saturday, June 4, 2011

Walmart Will Have To Do

So last night we were lucky enough to go hot tubing. The bad thing....AIMEE IN A SWIMSUIT POST BABY!!! And being my body isn't responding to my hard work, I still look 9 months pregnant (not really but close). I am having major body issues but that is another story. I had to go diving into my tote to look for swimsuits. I didn't want to wear my maternity one (which I totally should have). I tried one on that I have only worn a few times and probably bought after I lost my weight with Wyatt. It didn't look terrible but it felt off. It's a tankini but for some reason is just not very long. It could be because I have a big pooch that makes it short or might not be very long to begin with. Anyway...so I wore it and hated it. It's a cute one just not for this post preg body. Well, Ashley is about my size and had a so cute tankini on. It had a skirt and it was long! I asked her where she got it and she replied Walmart and just weeks ago. So...today my quest began. I must have a new suit and one that fits post prego body. As I will probably need a suit for another post prego body in a couple years. I hated the thought though of Walmart and swimsuit. Usually, I hate the clothes at there. We ran into Fashion Bug and I wasn't impressed. I looked at swimsuit dresses but they didn't cover my thighs enough. So, I knew I wanted a tankini with a skirt. Well we had to run to Walmart and I just thought I would look. They had it there the same one. I tried it on and guess what?! I LOVED IT! It was long, fit perfect, has the slim look where it gathers on the sides, halter top, covers my thighs, and accents the bust! Can I say PERFECT? Um yes I will take it. No hesitation needed. Plus it was in my price range. It only cost $32! I didn't look half bad for being post pregnancy body. I am excited to try it out. I haven't had a suit that fit perfect in a couple years. I will have to take a pic of it (maybe on). But for now here is one sort of like it:
Suddenly Slim by Catalina - Women's Shirred Halter Swimsuit
This is sort of what it looks like. The only difference is the one I got is a tankini (this is a one piece) and has a skirt and mine is black and white kind of floral print.

P.S. Why does a short topic always end up a freakin story? I am just too winded!!!

2 comments:

K Miller said...

Good for you! I don't even dare try to get into a swimsuit! Especially since my thighs are also my least favorite part. I am back down to my pre-pregnancy weight, which is still way to much, but since my stomach muscle were cut, I have a stomach that just hangs there and jiggles. I don't have muscles yet. I need to work on getting those back. My thighs also now have stretch marks, so I am very paranoid about my thighs right now.

Craig and MJ Parker said...

Isn't it great the sacrifice we make to be a mommmy. I'll take thunder thighs, jiggly tummy, and stretch marks for being a mommy anyday. We just gotta adjust to loving our NEW bodies :) I LOVE that swimsuit. Mine is a skirt bottom and covers more of my legs. I love them. Who would've thought to look at walmart. You'll have to show me a pic of it on you. I will if you will ;)

Post a Comment