I started potty training Wyatt around the end of August. He is doing amazing considering how fast he really picked it up. I stayed home a whole week and didn't have anything going on around the house. The first day on Monday I made sure and gave him lots to drink. Then I took him to the bathroom every 30 minutes. I set my phone alarm to make sure I wouldn't miss a time. I did the same thing on Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday were a little harder. I had some kids over so it was almost some set backs. After that Friday he really hasn't had any accidents. He tells us everytime he needs to go and occasionally he will go and do it himself. For it being about a month that I started he picked it up really well. I was regretting starting him during that first week but I am so glad I did. He only uses a pull up during the nightime. Almost always though he is dry. It is more for our comfort. He does not understand the pooping concept. We are cleaning poop out of underwear almost daily or every other day. He has only gone poop 2 times in the potty. He is way freaked out about pooping his underwear but when he thinks he has to go he just sits on the potty and says it hurts. If he is having a day of wanting to poop on the potty we are in the bathroom literally every 5 minutes. He will get that sunsation, get on, and get off. Don't know how to get him through this, but I am sure he will be better here soon. I really wanted him trained since he starts sunbeams in January. Here is a little picture of him when he has both seats up:
So much more than a Coat by Bailey
4 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment