Happy 7 year anniversary to my best friend! It actually isn't until Sunday, but I don't think I'll get on blogger before then. I am very grateful that he is in my life. I have been a beast lately and he puts up with me. We have had trials through the years but they have brought us closer together. One of my favorite memories of trials with Kyle was when Oaklee was a newborn. We prayed through that trial and received the same answer at the same time, well apart. It brought us closer together especially knowing that praying together during trials is essential. Kyle works so dang hard and so many hours. He does it so
we I can spend the money. It is usually on food and clothing and an occasional project. He has been taking an extra week of call hours to get us a nice savings account and play money. I feel bad because I complain all the time about him doing it because it sucks never seeing him. The kids notice when he is gone that week. It has been insanely busy as it is RSV season. I know he really hates it but he feels he needs to do it for us. I bet he thinks I get to have so much fun and relaxed all day long at home. But, he never complains, acts, or implies that. Even if I have got nothing done, he is understanding. Kyle is the best listener to me. Lately, I have been doing ALL the talking. I feel bad, but I have no one else to talk to about some matters. And usually the things I talk to him about are so stupid but he acts like he cares. I love that he is always wanting to buy me new clothes. Not that I do it a lot, but it makes it nice knowing I won't get "in trouble" for spending money on myself. It has been a lot worse lately as all my clothing looks terrible on me. Anway...this is getting to be more of a journal entry!!! I love Kyle and I am very thankful the Lord put us together.

I just read on a friends blog a nice little reminder. She just had her 7 year anniversary and went out on a date. While on the date they asked questions to each other about themselves. She said it helped them refocus on their relationship. Then she put....WE ARE NOT JUST MOMMY AND DADDY, WE ARE HUSBAND AND WIFE.
I loved this (thanks Kelsea)!!! So many times I get caught up in the duties of raising children and cleaning house. We don't spend nearly as much time with each other as a couple. Here is to better date nights this year (we are on 2 in one month!) and better communication and focus on our roles to each other.
3 comments:
Congrats on 7 years! I am so happy for you and kyle. You should bring the kids up and I will babysit and you can go to Madoxx for dinner sometime. I love you and am grateful that we are friends. Thanks for always being there for me.
Happy 7 years you love birds. They say "7 year itch" but looks like no worries for you guys. THAT'S GREAT! We really were blessed to find AMAZING men to work hard to provide, love & care for us & our children.
And..."spending money without getting in trouble" Wonder where why you would think that way. ;)
I'm so happy you are happy and have become who you are. You work hard to do so much and I know it's not taken for granted. Good job on your weight loss too!
I loved your journal entry. It's so sweet that you both feel so in love and happy with eachother. And I'm so glad you are able to spend time together. thanks also for the quote. That's a great one to remember! :)
Post a Comment