Sunday, August 3, 2014

Island Park/Yellowstone Getaway

In January, Dalynne, Amanda, and I decided we wanted to go on a vacation.  We had somehow decided we wanted to do Yellowstone.  We ended up going the first week of June.  It was chilly and rainy.  I wish I would have been better prepared with pants.  But, we survived with jackets. We rented a cabin in Island Park.  The plan was to do a few things around Island Park but the weather wasn't really cooperating too well.  We ended up between West Yellowstone and Yellowstone.  The only critters we saw are Elk and Bison.  We were a little bummed we didn't see the bears but we didn't make it to Lamar Valley.  We did a decent amount of the sights in Yellowstone.  I wish we could have done more but it's tough with 9 kids!  The week was spent making fond memories with siblings and cousins.  I think the cousins favorite thing was playing amongst the cabin.  We got a cabin that had bunk beds downstairs but they only all slept down there once.  Wyatt was too scared of the dark and wanted to watch a show for bed so he ended up on the couch.  And Amanda let us borrow their cot for Oaklee which left her girls on the floor.  We felt so bad for that but grateful for their sacrifice.  We hung out at the cabin most nights socializing, making dinners, playing pool, playing games, having contests, and just relaxing.  The week went far too fast and I'm sad reminiscing on it now.  

Waiting for it to shoot





Sexy BFF....can't wait to look like that!




They were all putting their hands in the middle and would yell team!

My eternal family

Oaklee snapped this picture of me


What a cute family...I'm sad I didn't get one of Nemers family

Daddy and his kids


The girls


















0 comments:

Post a Comment