I should've posted this a while ago. I don't know I'll go into to much detail. So much has been happening which is why I haven't blogged since January. In a nutshell we felt prompted early last year to have another baby. We pushed it out of mind for a few months. We kept getting the feeling but then I was called to the Relief Society Presidency. I knew I couldn't deal with a newborn and this calling at the time so we decided to hold off. Well, October rolled around and it was conference time. Lots of praying, pondering, and reading conference talks we knew we had to be obedient. I got off birth control right after. We've never been successful having kids on our own so I made an appointment to see the Dr in December. I got the fertility meds and we found out in January that we were indeed pregnant. We were in shock as it has taken at least 3 months of meds before we ever got pregnant. I had a few scares early on that made me freak out more because of the miscarriage I had a few years ago. I decided to change doctors this time around (again) and they don't see you until at least 8 weeks. I'm used to 6 1/2 weeks so that extra week and a half felt like a month! A few days before my appointment I had a scare and asked if I could come in for a checkup. I ran up to the Dr and that's when I found out it was twins. Boy, I was in shock and denial. It took a few weeks before it sunk in and I was ok with it. Kyle has been pumped and excited the whole time. Since that appointment (at 8 weeks) I had one more scare around 10 weeks. Since then things have gone smooth. No other complications....yet. I'm nervous to see what the next little while may bring with the pregnancy. I'm almost 21 weeks (Friday) and due September 25th. Although, with twins they don't allow you past 38 weeks which is the 11th. So, considering that, I'm well over half way.
I had my big ultrasound last week and found out genders....BOYS! Also, everything looks really normal and on track. I was a nervous wreck for the appointment. I had so many crazy bad dreams. I was a little bummed there wasn't a girl. But, I am just so thankful for healthy babies. Now to get to putting all girl stuff away (or sell!) and focus on getting things out of storage from Wyatt (7 years ago)! I really think this will complete our family. The girls will be well cared for by their brothers.


Things are definitely different having twins. My cravings are only sweets! I try really hard at eating healthy as to not gain much weight. It's just so hard when good food never sounds good or hits that craving. I was so so good with Sawyer and only gained 28 lbs! I'm about at 20 lbs this time around and looking pretty big. I look more fat than pregnant still. I'm not wearing maternity clothes and have only gone up 2 pant sizes. Which means I must not be putting on much weight besides baby weight. I am hungrier a lot more and seriously never feel like wanting to eat. Also, the past 2 weeks my energy levels have been very low. I used to be able to do a lot and never feel tired. I could sleep 8+ hours at night and still be tired. I have no motivation for workouts but still try to manage at least 4 days a week. I'm feeling babies move more this week than in previous weeks. I can't tell which baby is causing movement. It feels as though Baby B (top baby) seems to be sitting high into my ribs when sitting down. It's harder to breathe sitting down.
0 comments:
Post a Comment