Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Birthday Celebration

Our little baby girl turned 2 last Friday.  It was pretty low key.  On her birthday it was snowing majorly so I went out and shoveled and cleaned the car and we headed to the Dr.  She was not a happy camper the minute we got to the back.  She screamed and screamed and they weren't even touching her.  She is lucky she didn't have to have any shots.  This made me feel better since I felt guilty taking her to do her checkup on her birthday.  But we needed to have Wyatt's ears checked for an infection and I wanted to do them together.  The Dr. was concerned about her weight since she hasn't gained nearly anything since her last appointment.  But, I know she is just fine and I feed her whenever she wants food.  I just am more picky about what I feed her.  If she doesn't eat meals she usually only gets fruit or carrots.  Both kids have had colds and ear infections.  Luckily, their colds are on the mend and I think their ears are too.  After we got done we came home, had lunch, did school, books, and went and played in the snow.  Oaklee lasted only about 20 minutes and had enough and came inside.  Wyatt and I stayed out for a bit more and made snowmen and waited for daddy to come home.  Then the kids and Kyle had 7-11 hot dogs for dinner and we watched a movie.

Oaklee loves her baby, binkie, blankie, and minnie mouse.  She is starting to play a little more as Wyatt shows her all about her new toys.  She is still all things girly but is still our little baby.  She loves to cuddle and hates going to bed.  She loves to lay in bed and fall asleep with daddy.  I try to only let that be occasionally as she throws fits if it gets too often.  This little girl can be a trouble maker, mess maker, and dare devil.  She does so many things Wyatt never did.  She will be one tough cookie as Wyatt sure pesters her A LOT!  We are having to teach him how to treat a girl.

Stats:
Height: 33 inches-21%
Weight: 22.9 lbs-21%
HC: 46.5-31%

This is her favorite baby
 Birthday fun:


Finding her birthday quarters


Ready for the Dr




Eating her birthday cupcake

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First I find it frustrating for you about the doctor. They get mad at you for saying Wyatt is too heavy yet Oaklee is too small. So they aren't in that perfect range then they have to say something like you're doing something wrong. I'm glad you have a positive attitude and realize that you are the mom & you are doing things perfectly for YOUR KIDS!
Oaklee is such a cute little girl. It's crazy she's already 2. It looks like it was a great birthday and I hope she liked her pig. I'm feeling bad cuz I should've gotten her Minnie. Sorry. Oh and that pic of her in her snow clothes with binkie---totally a mini you!

JDRRKK said...

I agree with Mandee. We have always gotten that about our kiddos being too small, but I look at it as we are the parents. And we don't hit them, they eat fine, they are growing, and happy, and healthy....I think you are doing a wonderful job so keep up the good work. They are just dr.s with guidelines...only you know how to care for them with love...which is how they prosper. I cannot believe she's 2 already either. I love that Oakers finally will give me loves and let me hold her!

Post a Comment