I've been dying to do an update on these babies. But in order to do so, I had to blog everything since October! Luckily, it's late so I have no distractions (well I should feed the babies and put them to bed but they're being quiet so I'll hurry and do it!). They went in yesterday and did well except for shots. They were not happy. I went by myself which was great but also I needed my Oaklee to help comfort them when one was getting the shots. Note to self at their 6 month. Take Oaklee with me!
Besides their weight differences, they are pretty similar. Griffen is more whiney and will settle down only to the swing or being held. Griffen has developed the milestones usually a week or 2 after Owen. I sure do love these boys and my bond is getting stronger and stronger for them everyday. I love that they are more interactive. I can't get enough of kissing them and cuddling them. Today was a hard day and I just wanted to hold them and not let go. They don't interact much with each other. I've been trying to put them by each other more and they will usually grab each others hands. Sometimes they even suck on each others' hands.
Here's their stats:
Owen:
Weight: 12 lbs 8 oz-2%?
Height: 22 inches
Head Circumference: 39
Weight: 12 lbs 8 oz-2%?
Height: 22 inches
Head Circumference: 39
I'm not exactly sure of their percentages because they gave me a different print out that didn't have it listed. There was the curve and what I think is percentages on the side so I'm guessing on them.
Owen is quite the chunk! He's bigger than Rylan was at 4 months and I think maybe even bigger than Boden too. I'm starting to notice some behavior differences now and it' s getting fun to be around them. Owen is still refluxing a bit. It's not projectile like it was. It's mainly during burping and after. It doesn't shoot out just lots of spit up. Sitting him up after doesn't seem to help a ton but I still try to do it. He's lifting his head and holding it up so well while being on his tummy. I'm not great at doing tummy time but have been better the past month. He does better when on his tummy on the boppy. He still eats and burps well and has gotten to eat pretty fast now.
**Size 1 diapers-He could switch to size 2 but I still have tons of 1's
*0-3 clothes but I think 3-6 may fit too *Eats 5.5-6 ounces every 3-4 hours...He eats first majority of days (On Costco formula now)
*Sleep schedule is about 9 hours 10:30-11:30 until 7:30-8:30
*Loves the swing, rocker, and being swaddled
*Sleeps by himself...I stopped putting them next to each other for fear of them suffocating each other.
*Occasional tummy time-it's hard with him spitting up, But he did so good and liked it for 10 minutes tonight
*His cry has softened. He seems to only cry when hungry. He's more content being on his own. He does love to cuddle but doesn't get upset when put down. Will not settle down in the morning with a binkie. Once he's realized he's hungry he wants to eat.
*Takes a binkie but mostly only to soothe if he's hungry. He doesn't suck it too often for comfort. He's starting to suck his fingers and thumb. I'm putting a stop to the thumb sucking. The finger and fist "chewing/sucking" is normal for this stage so I'm watching it close to see what he's doing. *He smiles so much especially during diaper changes. He talks too and the last 2 days he acts like he wants to laugh.
*Takes a binkie but mostly only to soothe if he's hungry. He doesn't suck it too often for comfort. He's starting to suck his fingers and thumb. I'm putting a stop to the thumb sucking. The finger and fist "chewing/sucking" is normal for this stage so I'm watching it close to see what he's doing. *He smiles so much especially during diaper changes. He talks too and the last 2 days he acts like he wants to laugh.
*Calm baby! He keeps changing his behavior since 2 months!
*He's getting to be very interactive and loves to watch things/people. He's loved the mobiles on the swings for the past month or so but more so even now. Tonight I pulled out the activity mat and he was trying to grab things and just enjoying and being so content laying under it looking around.
*Startles easily at loud sounds and most times cries.
*Does not look like any of the other kids as babies. But, I can see a lot of Oaklee in him at her current age (4)
Griffen:
Weight: 10 lbs 6 oz-0%
Height: 22 inches
Head Circumference- 39
Griffen doesn't have reflux and only occasionally spits up. He's more whiney but comforts to the binkie. He's patient to eat because he'll calm down with the binkie. He is the cuddle one. He loves to be held and loves to cuddle into Owen when they are together.
*Size 1 diapers
*0-3 clothes
*Eats 4.5-5 ounces every 3-4 (Still on Enfamil Enfacare for a few more days. On the last can. Then he'll go to Costco like Owen is on)
*Sleep schedule is about 9 hours 10:30-11:30 until 7:30-8:30. He's been so good to go as long as Owen between feedings.
*Loves the swing also and being swaddled
*Sleeps by himself...I stopped putting them next to each other for fear of them suffocating each other. I may try them in the crib together when I put them in their own room.
*Found his hands and loves to suck on his fist
*Size 1 diapers
*0-3 clothes
*Eats 4.5-5 ounces every 3-4 (Still on Enfamil Enfacare for a few more days. On the last can. Then he'll go to Costco like Owen is on)
*Sleep schedule is about 9 hours 10:30-11:30 until 7:30-8:30. He's been so good to go as long as Owen between feedings.
*Loves the swing also and being swaddled
*Sleeps by himself...I stopped putting them next to each other for fear of them suffocating each other. I may try them in the crib together when I put them in their own room.
*Found his hands and loves to suck on his fist
*Smiles and talks too like Owen, but not as often
*Loves to suck the binkie and prefers to have it. He calms down very easy with the binkie.
*He's also getting to be very interactive and loves to watch things/people. He's loved the mobiles on the swings for the past month or so but more so even now. Tonight I pulled out the activity mat and he also laid there looking around.
*Startles easily too at loud noises (yelling especially) and cries at them
*Looks so much like the other siblings when they were babies
| Owen |
| Griffen |






0 comments:
Post a Comment