| She doesn't care for the bouncer...good thing she is only in it while I exercise. I know she is all bundled up but I loved how cute she looked |
| Battle wounds....and chunky chunky thighs! |
We headed to the Dr again for Sawyer yesterday. That place is getting a little too familiar! At least this time wasn't for anything major. I switched Drs again. They now go to Dr. Hom. I was very impressed with him (we saw him a lot while Sawyer was in the hospital). I did go with some concerns about her eating and her flat spot. He said almost every baby has a flat spot and as long as her head wasn't growing abnormally, this was normal. And her head is growing fine. I'm trying more upright and/or tummy time. I was told her recent screaming at feeding (even though she sounds in pain) is most likely from not being hungry and wanting to eat. He said to not put her on a schedule and just let her tell me when she wants to eat. I don't necessarily had her on a schedule just usually tried to feed her every 3-4 hours. I am hoping waiting until she is acting fussy and hungry to feed will be the solution. So far, it does seem to be working a little bit better. It's just hard to know when she really is hungry and planning things around eating. With knowing she was eating every 3-4 hours it was pretty easy to know when I could do things. Now, it's all up in the air. I'm sure I'll get used to knowing when she is hungry but we aren't there yet. I feel so silly that I have had 3 children and it feels like I don't know what I am doing. Today was a bit more challenging as she has only ate 2 1/2 times and it's 8:40 at night! The past week she has also been a little more fussy after her feedings. It could be from a variety of things but I'm wondering if it's from being overfed. She seemed to be happier today even though she didn't eat much. I can't wait until we get this figured out! It sure stressed me out! The Dr did say she may only want to eat every 4-5 hours. While that has proved to be the case as when I fed her tonight thinking she was hungry, she screamed. She isn't that much smaller than Oaklee at this age, so I need to just know she won't starve (although I feel like she will). Anyway....onto things about her
Weight:12.06 lbs-16%
Height:23.46 in-20%
Head circumference:15.3in-4%
Other things about Sawyer:
*Wears 0-3 months
*Wears size 1 diapers (almost a 2)
*Holds her head up well
*We are working on more tummy time/being upright-Bumbo (Dr said it's overrated, just make sure she is upright and able to hold her head). I didn't work to much with her on this because whenever she is on her belly she spits up a ton.
*Growing out of projectile vomiting (It's been over 2 weeks!)
*Not rolling-this probably is because she isn't on her belly much
*Smiles and coos (no laughing yet)
*Loves watching Wyatt and Oaklee
*Sleeps all night (roughly 9-11 hours)
*May be teething or just at the stage of sucking on hands and chewing
*Loves to pinch to feel what's around her
*Tolerates a binky, especially when fussy
*Loves blankets on her
She is pretty small but not as small as I was thinking she would be. You wouldn't have guessed she was a 4 pounder at birth! She has got the cheeks that are to die for! I sit and kiss them so much! I'm still working on putting things aside for time with her. Being the 3rd kid (especially with Wyatt in school) it's hard to let everything else go for her. And I don't want that to affect my bond with her. She is definitely a mommy's girl which I love. My postpartum though has been the worse this time. I have good days but the bad days are bad. I'm just glad I have Kyle who is willing to listen to me and try to help.






1 comments:
That pic of her in the bouncer---she is GORGEOUS! But I wouldn't expect any less. All your kids have been beautiful from the time they were born.
The doctor has a good point. I didn't think that could be the problem with not wanting to eat but having to eat. I like the idea of her letting you know. I'm sure as time goes on her body will get on a schedule. Thinking back I'm pretty sure I was feeding Hadi at that point like every 4 hours. It'll get better.
I still can't believe she's already 4 months. Sheesh where does time go. I just can't wait to get that time with her.
You def got a winner in Kyle! That's why him and Craig are so perfect for each other because you and I are so similar. I always talk Craig's ear off. haha. I'm glad he can be your bestie and what you need in ways no one else can help. Kyle is the best!
Post a Comment