Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bathroom Remodel

Here are the long awaited photos. We tore out the tile in the shower and the floor, re-tiled both, repainted the walls, painted the towel bar, painted the medicine cabinet, painted the big cabinet, put in a new toilet paper holder, new hand towel bar, and bought all new accessories! There were just a few problems that happened along the way. As you can see in the last photo, we had to keep the white tile wall with red trim. We tried to take it down and it was just ripping the wall. We didn't want to have to re sheet rock so we just kept it up. I don't think it looks too terrible. I love love love how it turned out. Many thanks to Kyle for all of his hard work.


Ceiling fan with messed up paint (I didn't do an after picture)

Mirror Vanity

Old Vanity & Sink

Big Cabinet

Old Shower Tile

Both Cabinets

Piles of tile from shower



Chipping off the tile...what a process

Shower with all tile gone

Kyle tiling

Shower with all new tile

Nasty old floor tile

After all tile was gone

Tile all set

Tile with grout

New paint...if you can see that white tile, we had to keep that up.
It was so stuck on the wall we would have had to put up new sheet rock.

Painted towel bar



New tub faucet

Painted cabinets and new light fixture (can you see the brushed nickel outlets too?)

New Vanity, sink, faucet, rugs, & shower curtain

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Your bathroom looks awesome! I can't wait to have a place we can fix up. I know there is a way to paint tile. You could probably paint that red stripe white if it really bugged you. Looks good though. Way to go!

Craig and MJ Parker said...

That looks AWESOME kyle and aimes! Wish I could see it in person. I'm very impressed. Can't wait to have our own place to fix up. Hope you love your house a little more now :)

Post a Comment